With virus numbers on the rise and so much talk of how to control things, thoughts of another shelter in place, quarantine or shutdown are coming to mind.
That thought alone sparks fear in most minds, not just for the idea of getting sick but of having to live in this “alternate normal” again.
In my realm of the fitness industry, we still haven’t recovered from the first go around in business or equipment availability.
There are many companies who are just now getting products in to be able to ship out again. There for a while it was near impossible to find any type of dumbbell that weighed over 8 lbs.
So with these ideas in mind, I thought that today I would share with you my top 3 favorite equipment pieces to keep in your home … just in case.
- Resistance bands – these are probably my favorite because not only do they give you a great workout without placing as much stress on your joints as typical weights but they are versatile (I often use mine to mimic my Pilates reformer exercises) and easy to store whether at home or while travelling.
- Discs or Sliders – Sometimes you need something to spice up your workout a bit, using sliders or discs to remove a bit of stability from an exercise you’ve been perfecting is just the ticket.
- Compact Dumbbells – If weights are more your thing but you don’t have a ton of room, these are my pick. They even have adjustable kettlebells if that’s more your thing.
Now, as a bonus, I wanted to share a couple more ideas that might just bring a little something new into your workout routine:
- Pilates Reformer – as you may have guessed by now, I LOVE Pilates! This reformer is just the thing for a full body, low impact workout that will build long and lean muscles. (In fact, I enjoy using my home reformer almost daily!)
- Urban Rebounder – It’s not often that I recommend a specific brand but with this rebounder, you get the benefits of fun cardio, bone building, and fat burning with the science / technology of taking out the joint impact (believe it or not, not every trampoline does that).
There you have it. My top picks for at home equipment that you might just find add a little more joy to your exercises.
As always, if you are ready to get started, maybe with one of the above pieces but are in need of a little bit of guidance, we’re here and ready to help. Just give us a call.